Photographic Templates: A loose attempt to archive the principle of a photographic language consisting of recurring templates.
1. A half naked, or naked person (preferably black, dirty and malnourished) is pulled out of a pit by two members of some sort of emergency response team (one for each arm).
2. Woman (preferably in a cloth of some sort, preferably light blue (lapis), preferably in a crappy environment) with a child on her arm.
3. Something war-like (soldier,gun,tank,rubble, damaged buildings, etc) in combination with something love-like ( a flower, a child, kissing people, etc.)
4. Something war-, or disaster- like in combination with something decadent. (tourism for example).
5. Man throws a stone/ a Molotov cocktail in the middle of a street. Preferably with a bit of smoke or rubble in the background.
6. Black person drinks clean water (preferably from a garden hose in a dirty third world-like environment) and looks up into the camera (this template is similar to a much used pornographic template were a woman looks up into the camera with a penis in her mouth).
7. Soldier (western) gives a bottle of water/candy/a toy/etc to a child (non-western).
8. Black child looks into the camera (possibly with flies on it's face, foggy eyes or in a dirty environment)
9. People who are struggling to get out of a body of water (preferably a whole family).
10. Someone who is being arrested and looks innocently into the camera. (preferably with a bloody nose or a couple of scratches on the face)
11. A soldier who appears to be in some kind of mental pain. (he could be crying, or looking in the distance, or have a desperate looking body language.
12. Someone climbing a fence or wall.
13. People who are tied down with blindfolds or bags over their heads.
14. Huddled people on the ground, chopper in the air.
15. A bunch of crying/ screaming people around a bed with a dead body in it. (think Caravaggio for light).
16. An abandoned stuffed animal/toy/pair of baby shoes lying in mud/rubble.
17. A large amount op people crammed together in a small space.
18. People who are running away.
19. People who carry a lot of stuff on their backs.
20. Something 'modern' in combination with something 'non-modern'.
21. Flags being burned or raised.
22. A burning building/vehicle.
23. A burning person (may be running).
24. A child in what appears t be an unjust situation.
25. Clouds of dust/smoke, objects flying though the air.
27. People covered with (emergency)blankest.
28. Someone who looks at the camera in what appears to be an unjust situation.
29. People carrying other people.
30. The disposal of bodies after some sort of disaster.
32. Someone who points a firearm at someone else.
33. People who kiss/hug/embrace.
34. An execution.
35. Someone who is sitting on a horse.
36. Statues/monuments being vandalized.
37. The effects of a natural disaster seen from above.
39. Spoils of war (weapons/art/jewelry preferably on a pile).
40. A child carrying a weapon.
41. A gathering in a beauty parlor/barbershop/etc.
42. An animal or person attached to a chain.
43. Children playing football (preferably in a crappy/non-western environment).
44. A person with a taped mouth. (On the tape can be an image or symbol that refers to an alleged silencer).
45. A group of people who are carrying a coffin. From protesters and slogans around or on the coffin one can assume that the situation is about a symbolic death of some sort.
46. A procession in a small street carrying dead bodies or religious objects.
1. A stationary figure in an environment were everything else is moving (for example a crowded train platform). The photograph is taken from above. There is a bit of idle space around the person. (maybe in combination with a shutter-speed trick or two, doesn't have to).
2. A person or animal who jumps across a space (between two buildings or rocks for example).
3. A person who is looking through a window with a vague expression on his/hers face.
4. Silhouettes/shadows of anyone doing anything.
5. A blurred face (behind a steamy window/under water/etc).
6. A child on a swing.
7. A grown woman in a white dress with white wings attached to her back (preferably in a corn/grain field)
8. Something 'natural' (a flower for example)in combination with something unnatural/industrial (lets say a factory with clouds of black smoke belching from its chimneys).
9. A person who is sitting in a crouched position in the corner of a room/on the ground.
10. Someone who is staring in the distance.
11. Someone in/under water (the water should be blue).
13. An athlete in some sort of straining situation.
14. Someone who is being pestered by a cloud of flying insects.
15. A spiral staircase seen from below (stairway to heaven).
16. A fistfight/collision at the exact moment that one thing hits the other.
17. A situation that is about to go wrong.
18. A passer-by who looks at something without stopping.
19. A lonely figure in a landscape.
20. Any situation in a grain field.
21. A baby/child that's being washed.
22. Someone who oversees a landscape (seen from behind).